1. A clear baseplate with a ruler and markings for measuring distances on a map.
2. A rotating bezel with degree markings for taking bearings.
3. A magnetic needle that points to magnetic north.
4. A declination adjustment that allows you to correct for the difference between magnetic north and true north.
5. A sighting mirror or window that helps you take accurate bearings.
6. A lanyard or wrist strap for easy carrying.
7. Durability and water resistance to withstand outdoor conditions.
8. A clear and easy-to-read dial for accurate navigation.
9. A lightweight and compact design for easy portability.
10. A reliable and accurate performance for precise navigation.
You are looking : what do all good orienteering compasses have