Shrimp Basket: A Delicious Seafood Delight
Shrimp is one of the most popular seafood items in the world. It is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients. Shrimp can be cooked in various ways, and one of the most popular ways is to fry them in a basket. Shrimp basket is a dish that is loved by seafood enthusiasts all over the world. In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about shrimp basket, including its history, nutritional value, and how to make it at home.
History of Shrimp Basket
The origin of shrimp basket can be traced back to the southern United States. It is believed that the dish was first introduced in the Gulf Coast region, where shrimp is abundant. The dish gained popularity in the 1970s and 1980s, and since then, it has become a staple in seafood restaurants across the country.
Nutritional Value of Shrimp Basket
Shrimp is a low-calorie, high-protein food that is rich in nutrients. A 3-ounce serving of shrimp contains only 84 calories and 18 grams of protein. Shrimp is also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for heart health. Additionally, shrimp is rich in vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12, iron, and selenium.
Calories in Shrimp Basket
The number of calories in a shrimp basket can vary depending on the size of the serving and the cooking method. On average, a shrimp basket contains around 500-600 calories. However, if you are watching your calorie intake, you can opt for a smaller serving or choose a healthier cooking method, such as grilling or baking.
Protein in Shrimp Basket
Shrimp is an excellent source of protein, and a shrimp basket can provide you with a significant amount of this nutrient. On average, a shrimp basket contains around 30-40 grams of protein, which is more than half of the recommended daily intake for an adult.
How to Make Shrimp Basket at Home
If you are a seafood lover, you can easily make shrimp basket at home. Here is a simple recipe that you can try:
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg and milk.
- In a third bowl, place the breadcrumbs.
- Dip the shrimp in the flour mixture, then in the egg mixture, and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer or a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the shrimp in batches and fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the oil and place them on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Serve the shrimp basket hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Shrimp basket is a delicious seafood dish that is loved by many. It is not only tasty but also packed with nutrients. Shrimp is a low-calorie, high-protein food that is rich in vitamins and minerals. If you are a seafood lover, you can easily make shrimp basket at home using the simple recipe provided in this article. So, go ahead and indulge in this delicious seafood delight!
You are looking : shrimp basket