Shrimp Almond Ding: A Delicious and Nutritious Dish
Shrimp almond ding is a popular Chinese dish that is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients. This dish is made with succulent shrimp, crunchy almonds, and a variety of vegetables, making it a healthy and satisfying meal option. In this article, we will explore the nutritional benefits of shrimp almond ding and provide a step-by-step guide on how to make this dish at home.
What is Shrimp Almond Ding?
Shrimp almond ding is a stir-fry dish that originated in China. It is made with shrimp, almonds, and a variety of vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, and carrots. The dish is typically seasoned with soy sauce, garlic, and ginger, giving it a savory and slightly sweet flavor.
Nutritional Benefits of Shrimp Almond Ding
Shrimp almond ding is a nutritious dish that is packed with essential vitamins and minerals. Here are some of the nutritional benefits of this dish:
Shrimp is a great source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissues in the body. A 3-ounce serving of shrimp contains about 20 grams of protein, making it an excellent choice for those who are looking to increase their protein intake.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Shrimp is also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for brain function and heart health. Omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to reduce inflammation in the body and lower the risk of heart disease.
Vitamins and Minerals
Shrimp almond ding is also packed with essential vitamins and minerals. Shrimp is a good source of vitamin B12, which is important for nerve function and the production of red blood cells. Almonds are a good source of vitamin E, which is an antioxidant that helps protect the body from damage caused by free radicals. Vegetables such as bell peppers and carrots are rich in vitamin C, which is important for immune function and skin health.
How to Make Shrimp Almond Ding
Now that we know the nutritional benefits of shrimp almond ding, let’s take a look at how to make this delicious dish at home.
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup of sliced almonds
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until pink and cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp from the wok and set aside.
- Add the sliced almonds to the wok and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Remove the almonds from the wok and set aside.
- Add the sliced bell peppers, onion, and carrot to the wok and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
- Add the shrimp and almonds back to the wok and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over the shrimp and vegetables and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Shrimp almond ding is a delicious and nutritious dish that is easy to make at home. This dish is packed with essential vitamins and minerals, making it a healthy and satisfying meal option. By following the step-by-step guide provided in this article, you can enjoy this tasty dish in the comfort of your own home.
You are looking : shrimp almond ding