Possible Causes of Defrost Not Working
There are several reasons why your defrost may not be working properly. Here are some of the most common causes:
1. Blown Fuse: The first thing you should check is the fuse for your defrost. If the fuse is blown, it will need to be replaced.
2. Faulty Defrost Switch: If the switch that controls your defrost is faulty, it may not be sending the proper signal to activate the defrost.
3. Broken Defrost Grid: The defrost grid is the thin lines that run across your rear window. If any of these lines are broken, it can prevent the defrost from working properly.
4. Malfunctioning Defrost Relay: The defrost relay is responsible for sending power to the defrost grid. If the relay is malfunctioning, it can prevent the defrost from working.
Solutions to Fix Defrost Not Working
Now that we’ve identified some of the possible causes of your defrost not working, let’s explore some solutions to fix the issue.
1. Check the Fuse: The first thing you should do is check the fuse for your defrost. If it’s blown, replace it with a new one.
2. Test the Defrost Switch: Use a multimeter to test the switch that controls your defrost. If it’s faulty, replace it with a new one.
3. Inspect the Defrost Grid: Carefully inspect the defrost grid for any broken lines. If you find any, you’ll need to replace the entire grid.
4. Replace the Defrost Relay: If the relay is malfunctioning, you’ll need to replace it with a new one.
If you’re experiencing issues with your 2016 Ford Explorer defrost not working, there are several possible causes. By checking the fuse, testing the switch, inspecting the defrost grid, and replacing the relay, you can get your defrost working again. If you’re not comfortable performing these tasks yourself, it’s best to take your vehicle to a qualified mechanic for repairs.
You are looking : 2016 ford explorer defrost not working